Derek obtained a Civil Engineering degree from Loughborough University and worked as an engineer and site manager for companies throughout the South West of England and Wales. He worked as a Contracts Manager and Project Manager in the late ‘80s and ‘90s, before becoming Health and Safety Manager for a major Swindon-based ground working firm in 1997.
Subsequently Derek has worked as Health, Safety and Environmental Advisor with major contractors such as Bluestone, Morgan Sindal and Sir Robert McAlpine and also worked as Health & Safety Advisor and Construction Design and Management (CDM) Co-ordinator on a number of national projects.
Derek combines a thoroughly professional attitude with a personable manner and a positive ‘can-do’ outlook.
- Chartered Member of Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (CMIOSH)
- Occupational Safety & Health Consultants Register (OSHCR)
- NEBOSH Special Diploma in Environmental Management
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
- Special Diploma in Industrial Studies
- Membership of Institute of International Risk & Safety Management (MIIRSM)
- Registered Member of Association of Project Safety (RMaPS)
- Civil Engineering Degree BSc (Hons)
Having obtained a university degree in Business and a post graduate qualification in Human Resources Management, Amanda subsequently spent ten years actively employed in Human Resources. She has run a successful professional team and has detailed specialist knowledge in employment law, recruitment and learning.
Amanda has a wealth of experience in a number of varied fields including construction, training, housing and professional services.
Amanda’s depth of knowledge and positive attitude, have helped many clients improve their people management skills, resulting in the growth of successful businesses.
- Chartered Fellow Member of CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
- Post graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Business Administration Degree BA (Hons)
- Advanced Employment Law Practitioner
- Level A and B (intermediate) in Occupational Psychometric Assessment
- IOSH (Institution of Occupational Safety and Health) Managing Safely
Health and Safety Co-ordinator
During his academic career Connor obtained seven GCSE’s, including three A’s and three B’s and a Level 3 Diploma in Engineering. Following this he spent three years gaining work experience in a variety of jobs including Customer Service Supervisor, Fitness Instructor and Customer Service Assistant. Connor has also focussed on gaining further education qualifications.
In June 2016 Connor joined Auxil as our apprentice and has now been promoted to Health and Safety Coordinator. Connor undertakes a number of duties including producing Health & Safety documents including Health & Safety policies, risk assessments, method statements and construction plans and he also assists in the preparation of company accounts including invoicing and monitoring payments, producing documents, reports, presentations, agendas, assisting with marketing and providing technical IT support.
Currently Connor is studying for an NVQ in Business Administration and a NEBOSH General Health and Safety Certificate.
It is a pleasure to have Connor in the team as he has proved to be a highly motivated, responsible and hard-working young man. He enjoys taking the lead in a work environment and is particularly interested in wellbeing at work.
Auxil Ltd – positive solutions to all your H&S or HR problems