Posted on 18th August 2020 at 16:05
We can all agree that companies will be compelled to think carefully about employee health and wellbeing for the foreseeable future. So, with this in mind we’ve put together 4 Top Tips to help you on your way.
Lead by example
• Create time in the working day for other activities that can help reduce stress.
• Take time out to rest after busy periods: take regular breaks and use your annual leave entitlement.
• Don’t work when you’re unwell.
• Avoid working excessive hours or emailing employees outside working hours.
• Encourage your team to do the same.
Consider your Management style
• Are you fair, open, and consistent? If so, your team is more likely to cope well under pressure.
• Do you regularly give positive and constructive feedback?
• Are you approachable and comfortable having sensitive conversations?
• How do you handle conflicts or cases of bullying/harassment?
• Do you adapt your management style to suit the needs of individuals?
• Do you give your team members as much autonomy and support as you can?
• Do you communicate change effectively and support your team through it?
• Do you give people who work alone or in the work environment opportunities to form relationships with others?